The Salvatore Ferragamo Brand
August 4, 2018
Trend house established in Florence by Salvatore Ferragamo (initially from Avellino) in 1927. In 1914 he moved to Boston within the USA, carrying his passion for shoes and the nice crafting expertise. Within the early twenties he strikes to Santa Barbara, California, the place he opens a store for shoes fixing. California was, in those years, the great wonderland where the movie trade was starting to flourish; this translated in a high request of custom made sneakers, which of course meant that Salvatore Ferragamo turned the “shoemaker of the stars”. As a result of high manufacturing costs and the lack of capable craftsmen, in 1927 Ferragamo goes back to Italy and establishes the “Ferragamo Shoe manufacturing unit”; in a photo of the time, the well-known typographic logotype appeared already. In 1938, on account of a progress in manufacturing, Ferragamo acquires the Palazzo Spini Feroni in Florence as headquarters of his workplaces. Within the early fifties, to have a good time his first parade in Florence, the tag-brand was slightly restyled: the black-white distinction is lightened and the identify of the style designer seems too. In 1958 the “hook” seems for the first time on one of the purses: even though it is not and by no means will be the official logo of the model, it is still very recognizable, as a result of its presence on many of the products; legend has it that Ferragamo was impressed by the gate of Palazzo Spini Feroni. In 1960, after the dying of the founder, the logotype along with his signature seems. The corporate was left within the arms of his spouse and his six youngsters who, as soon as they turned eligible, covered key roles in the administration of the corporate, also contributing to its growth. In 1982 a new restyling simplifies the founder’s signature; the first letter “F” was used as inspiration for some decorated cloths and as name for a perfume.