f by ferragamo, Clearance Salvatore Ferragamo Emy Pumps Black
September 12, 2015
The Salvatore Ferragamo Logo
Trend home established in Florence by Salvatore Ferragamo (initially from Avellino) in 1927. In 1914 he moved to Boston in the USA, carrying his ardour for shoes and the nice crafting skills. Within the early twenties he strikes to Santa Barbara, California, the place he opens a shop for footwear fixing. California was, in these years, the great wonderland where the movie trade was starting to flourish; this translated in a high request of customized made footwear, which after all meant that Salvatore Ferragamo became the “shoemaker of the stars”. Because of the high manufacturing prices and the lack of capable craftsmen, in 1927 Ferragamo goes back to Italy and establishes the “Ferragamo f by ferragamo Shoe factory”; in a photo of the time, the well-known typographic logotype appeared already. In 1938, as a consequence of a progress in production, Ferragamo acquires the f by ferragamo Palazzo Spini Feroni in Florence as headquarters of his offices. Within the early fifties, to celebrate his first parade in Florence, the tag-brand was barely restyled: the black-white contrast is lightened and the identify of the fashion designer seems too. In 1958 the “hook” appears for the first time on one of the purses: although it is not and never would be the official brand of the model, it continues to be very recognizable, as a result of its presence on a lot of the merchandise; legend has it that Ferragamo was inspired by the gate of Palazzo Spini Feroni. In 1960, after the death of the founder, the logotype with his signature seems. The company was left in the arms of his spouse and his six youngsters who, once they turned eligible, covered key roles within the administration of the corporate, also contributing to its enlargement. In 1982 a new restyling simplifies the founder’s signature; the primary letter “F” was used as inspiration for some decorated cloths and as name for a perfume.